Pages

Monday 1 February 2016

Kings Norton Nature Reserve 30/01/16

I was back at my local patch, Kings Norton Nature Reserve, on Saturday for my weekly stroll. Being full of cold I'd eaten an extra-large lunch and put on all my warmest clothes before setting out, however I still wasn't quite feeling on my A-game so may have missed a few birds this time around! However I still saw 38 species so not too shabby :o) Here are the highlights!
  • Mr Shoveler was back on Merecroft Pool, feeding furiously!
  • A Mistle Thrush hopping around the Paddocks, only my second sighting of this species at KNNR.
  • Some very furtive Lesser Redpolls hiding deep in some bushes near British Waterways Meadow.
  • A pair of Goosanders on Merecroft Pool.
  • A Kingfisher flying east over Wychall Reservoir.
  • Redwing feeding unobtrusively in the mud just to the west of Wychall Reservoir.
  • Four Stock Doves flying around the Merecroft Pool area.
  • A Treecreeper in the fading light in the area (not open to the public) northwest from Wychall Reservoir.
  • Just as I was leaving, a small group (6-8) of Pied Wagtails flying overhead to roost somewhere for the night.
Here are a few photos - just scenes of the reserve, as I was wearing my massive duffle coat for extra warmth, I didn't have enough pocket space for my zoom lens as well!

British Waterways Meadow (HDR, a bit windy).
Next to Merecroft Pool (HDR).
Was pleased with this one of Merecroft Pool - a view I hadn't much experienced before due to the extremely muddy path! (HDR).
West of Wychall Reservoir just after sunset (HDR).


FULL BIRD LIST


Blackbird Great Tit Pied Wagtail (yarrellii)
Black-headed Gull Grey Heron Redwing
Blue Tit Herring Gull Robin
Bullfinch Jackdaw Shoveler
Carrion Crow Kingfisher Song Thrush
Chaffinch Lesser Black-backed Gull Starling
Coal Tit Lesser Redpoll Stock Dove
Coot Long-tailed Tit Teal
Dunnock Magpie Treecreeper
Goldcrest Mallard Tufted Duck
Goldfinch Mistle Thrush Woodpigeon
Goosander Moorhen Wren
Great Spotted Woodpecker Mute Swan

No comments:

Post a Comment